by Raymond H Rich
Located at 42° 44'N 71° 16'W, just outside the harbor of Innsmouth, Devil's Reef was named by Captain John Smith, of Pocahontas fame, during his explorations in April of 1614, the reef was visited many times by Obed Marsh under the pretense of hunting for hidden pirate treasure. His Esoteric Order of Dagon would later use the reef in their rituals, sometimes using secret paths to the Deep One city of Y'ha-nthlei. Despite the actions of Project COVENANT, local fishermen still refuse to sail near the reef, and the U.S. Navy requires its vessels to report any unusual activity in the area. It is believed that the threat posed by the city and its dread inhabitants has been neutralized, but only time will tell.