Originally, the Fairfield Project used column titles from The Unspeakable Oath for a set of manually maintained index pages containing only links to other articles. The present wiki has a tag system instead, so the old indices can be phased out. The ones that are more useful than tags can be compressed into a single page: This one. “It's a process.”
The rustle of page upon page, the musty smell of dust filling your nostrils, strange scratches of ink that fill the mind with inexpressible thoughts and images. The books you find on these pages are not the quiet dull things that sit quietly on your shelves. These are books that have been whispered over, books that have been chased through dark alleys, books that have been killed for. These books contain secrets that were too powerful to be destroyed, too horrible to be forgotten. These are books that have names to be reckoned with, and have taken on lives of their own.
Caveat lector: let the reader beware.
The following are mentioned in more-or-less respected fiction by Lovecraft and his friends.
- An Investigation into the Myth-Patterns of Latter-Day Primitives, with Especial Reference to the R’lyeh Text
- Azathoth and Others
- Book of Eibon
- Cthulhu in the Necronomicon
- Cultes des Goules
- De Vermis Mysteriis
- King in Yellow
- Mein Triumph
- Nameless Cults
- The Pnakotic Manuscripts
- Ponape Scripture
- Regnum Congo
- Revelations of Glaaki
- The REPORT
- The Seven Cryptical Books of Hsan
- The Zanthu Tablets
- The Despicable Quest: The Blight and The Unravelling of Raymond Hart
- The End Rite
- The Epilogues of Tsun Dng
- Log of the Polifemo
- On the Ecology of Time Travelling Species
- Pnomus-Infested Dictionary
- Tales from the Land Under the Sea
- The Scalpel of R'Gley
- Unknown German Agent Diary, Winter 1941
- Untitled 1
- Visions of Ede the Pious
- The Wyrm's Mysteryes, an edition of De Vermis Mysteriis
Please help import these.
- Cuneiform D
- The Diary of Andrew Pelcher
- Domain Science Letters
- The Kugelblitz Papers
- Lam and the Path to Wisdom
- Secret Messages from Inner Space
- The Tablets of Gilgamesh
- The Omega Files: Conspiracy nut rantings.
- The Great Old Ones Of Lovecraftian Legend Reinterpreted As Atlantean Kings Make your SAN roll now.
There was a time when we knew where to find the threats to our sanity: in dank, musty forbidden tomes from the old haunted house on the hill. Now these threats are finding all sorts of avenues into our lives. Here are some of the vehicles that have been found to transmit the Mythos to the masses.
These films sometimes depict features of the Mythos, and sometimes only reflect its madness; they are not to be confused with the comparatively harmless recommended watching list.
The magic used by the creatures of the Mythos is actually some sort of advanced mathematics that can affect the processes they describe. The strange artefacts that agents encounter are technological, so advanced as to conform to our ideas of magic.
- Black Icons
- Black Seal of Iraan
- Crystal of Zon Mezzamalech
- Shining Trapezohedron
- Tillinghast Resonator
- Chinese Bottle
- Cloud-Seed Flare
- New Orleans airport canister, 1997 (speculation about a real item)
- Hemato-Vision Goggles
- Lions of Kazalla
- Most Holy Death
- The Rings of the Gang of Time
- Unusual Drugs
- Womb Cylinder
- THE CASTAIGNE COLLECTION
- The SCP wiki: Lots of weird/supernatural items in a loose institutional framework, easily adapted to ICE CAVE- or Green Box-type collections in DG, although few are clearly Lovecraftian.
- World Small Arms Inventory: Includes listings of local police armaments by US state.